Can I please remind people of a few simple requirements we have when raiding, as we've had the occasional lapse/complaint recently:
- If you have signed up to raid (regardless of the type), please be prepared and on time. This means that you ensure you are ready for an invite at the raid start time; you are fully prepared with flasks and potions, you have relevant buff food with you, you are fully repaired and your gear is fully and correctly gemmed and enchanted. If you are unable to do these simple things, then please do not sign up.
- If you wish to raid, but need help with any of the requirements above, please ask .. but don't wait until the raid is about to start.
- If you volunteer to raid last minute, to fill a gap, and any of the above requirements have not been met, please say so before you join the group.
- Whilst in a group with others, please be fully aware of your conduct and how it may be perceived. It doesn't matter whether or not you think that joke you told was funny - if someone else takes offense, then it was offensive and should not have been said. This is especially important when you are in a group with people you've not raided regularly with before, but does not preclude regular raiders.
- If you need to leave a raid early/by a certain time, please mention it before you join the raid group.
- If you need a break, for however long, at a specific time during the raid, or you know you will need a break during a raid at some point, please say so before you join the raid group.
- If you think/know you're uber, then everyone else who cares about that sort of thing will know it already from their addons .. you don't need to point it out. This includes telling everyone regularly how awesome you are/how bad they are and spamming chat with dps/hps/death or whatever else logs.
- If you have a problem during a raid .. if you suddenly have to leave because the house is flooding; if you just can't take being set on fire any more (druids!); if that bouncing hunter is just making you dizzy; if the tactic of making a boss trip on dead raiders bones doesn't seem good enough anymore or if the chat just sank below your lower limits ... please say something. Don't bottle it up, don't "save it for later" ... wait until we're not fighting for our lives and then say something to either myself, one of the officers or, if appropriate, in raid chat.
Basically ... be aware of how you're acting/what you're saying and how it will be perceived by others; be respectful and honest; put in the effort to do as well as you can.