There appears to have been some confusion recently about a couple of aspects of our guild rules (which recently got reorganised to make them easier to read), so I thought I'd do a quick refresher.
Remember that every guild member is expected to have read, understood and agreed to these rules.
Firstly, with regard to inviting new characters into the guild:
If you have the rank to invite new members to the guild, please note that the only times you should invite someone into the guild are:
- If they're an alt of someone already in the guild. Please ensure they give the name of their "main" (or an alt of their main) and check to make sure they are in the guild. Ask them to update their public note (or ask an officer to do so) to reflect their "main" character name.
- If they have an accepted application on our website.
If in doubt, just ask them to wait until an officer or myself are online, and we will deal with it.
Secondly, with regard to how you act whilst in the guild:
To put it briefly:
- no stealing from the guild vault
- no "temporary deposits" to the guild vault
- be nice to others
- if you're part of the guild, BE part of the guild - no drama, no cliques
- if you're going to raid with us, ensure you know the raiding rules (including what raids you can and cannot organise).
- Be aware of how the ranks and public notes work.
With over 200 accounts, we can't be expected to notify everyone individually of every single rule, and we can't be expected to come round and ask everyone if they understand all the information there on our rules and info pages. We have to assume that when people join and say they've read and accepted the rules, that they understand them.
We're very happy to explain them if anyone needs an explanation (what does it mean, why is that rule there, etc) .. but we need you to come to us, not the other way round :p