Various updates - the full patch notes can be found here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23731242/915-content-update-notes
- updates to old achievements to make them easier to get;
- changes to AoE spells/attacks to remove hard cap;
- changes to covenants to make them easier to switch between, additional rewards, etc;
- new timewalking dungeons, and Mage Tower;
- improvements to Korthia & The Maw to help speed things along;
- improvements to reporting/blocking tools.
The following roster updates have been made today:
Promoted from Pup to Cub:
Amsaheti, Hugetotem, Korev, Loxford, Loxsamdi, Lucyfuré, Luffy, Nekywar, Slainé, Spiritfu, Wurmie, Wurmié, Wormtail, Wúrm.
Promoted from Cub to Juvenile:
Aketa, Ambermage, Carlxll, Crasidrys, Crasmodar, Crimsonpaw, Dashy, Deadsypoop, Desiderix, Desiderion, Diealot, Foehammer, Ghostje, Grimdora, Heidike, Indz, Khendra, Korrayn, Lougii, Maceface, Mazriel, Meizhen, Mohurg, Nekysor, Peace, Petsou, Phaku, Prówler, Shuhin, Shulien, Sinuriel, Spector, Spiritualone, Vandathiel, Voronwee, Wobblewibble, Wurmy, Wúrmie, Xandariel.
Promoted from Juvenile to Wolf:
(all alts placed in Wolf Alt rank)
Bob, Imortaille, Oeachee, Sanniee.
Promoted from Wolf/Wolf Alt to Werewolf:
Fréy, Kraaltjie, Maalic, Lewton.
For additional information on how the ranks work, please see that section in the guild info. If you believe there has been a mistake, feel free to reply below and I'll look into it.
If you have ANY character in the Wolf or Wolf Alt rank, and have alts invited into the guild, please remind an officer to promote your new character to the Wolf Alt rank. Once you have reached the "Wolf" rank, all additional characters should automatically be given the Wolf Alt rank. (and when I say "automatically" .. I mean we still have to do it manually, but it's not something your new character has to work for ). If you do not have a character at the Wolf/Wolf Alt/Werewolf rank, then any alts invited into the guild should join as a Pup. Please ensure you have a note in your public notes in the roster, showing your "main" name.
If, prior to today, you were at the Wolf/Wolf Alt rank, and regularly raid, and feel you should be in the Werewolf rank, please let me know and I'll check for you.
Long term inactivates have also been removed (including any alts):
Zhivagos, Barlum, Vaadren, Fooksta, Zenzo, Amenadiel, Gram, Anastasia, Cambellar, Pawstrong, Redluster, Emrys, Ninimel, Miniabbinia, Taurinelion, Mya, Hatter, Rodolem, Tempograile, Tiabelle, Stormhand, Garothmuk, Threlkin, Bezieh, Carcus, Synthiasun.
"Inactives" are those who have not been online for a substantial period of time - usually 6+ months. Characters linked to others in the guild roster using the "Alt" public note are all checked to ensure that all characters have been inactive for some time.
Since the changes to the way the roster and permissions work, it is much more difficult to ensure characters are correctly linked. Whereas previously anyone with invite rights were able to adjust your public roster note in order to add your "main" when you had an alt invited, this is now not possible. The only people able to amend your public note now are you, when you're on that character, or an officer.
Characters that have nothing in their public notes linking them to other characters are much more likely to be removed for inactivity (as all linked characters are checked for activity prior to removal for inactivity). Members who have not registered with this website are much more likely to be removed for inactivity.
Please also do not add anything in the public note section of your alts, other than the "main" character name. You may, if you wish, add your real name/nickname against your "main" - but no other information. Gear scores, roles, professions, etc .. all often change and should not be included. See the Guild Rules for additional information.
Anyone completely removed from the guild roster, who then wishes to rejoin the guild, are welcome to complete a new application form, where they are advised to mention they were a previous guild member.
Some long term inactives will occasionally be placed in the MiA (Missing in Action) rank. These are people who we feel (or have told us) they may come back, and were long term members prior to that. When someone is placed on MiA, only one character is kept in guild and the rest are removed, however, if/when they do return, they do not need to reapply, they will be moved out of MiA to Cub (instead of Pup as would have been the case if they'd been removed previously), and they can immediately request for their alts to be reinvited (at Pup rank). Those in MiA get a longer time away from the game before being considered for removal completely.
Congratulations to all our raiders .. this guy does like playing ping-pong with us, but we got there:
Congratulations everyone .. we got another one!
Big congratulations to all our raiders tonight, they did brilliantly! Only a few of us fell down holes tonight, too .. bonus!
(there is a very slight possibility that we forgot to take a screenshot of that kill .. any similarity to any other screenshot, living or dead, is purely coincidental ...)
(not the same screenshot, honest guv ... )
As those who raid with us should know, up until now our standard loot rules for guild raids are as follows:
* Any loot you gain from bosses/trash, etc is yours to keep.
* If you wish to donate it to the raid group, you hand it to the loot master, at which point, it is no longer yours.
* Loot master will ask for Need rolls first (current spec upgrade).
* If no-one wants on Need, loot master will ask for Greed rolls (offspec upgrade - this must be a spec you play or plan to play).
* If loot is not claimed under either Need or Greed, it gets disenchanted with resultant materials placed in the guild vault.
We have had multiple discussions over the last week or so, relating to loot. Some saying we're spending too long distributing loot, some slowing down the process by asking for transmog rolls.
Having discussed this with the officers, we've decided to trial two changes to the rules.
1. If loot is not claimed through Need or Greed, there will be the possibility to roll for transmog, HOWEVER, in order to ensure that we still gain the benefit of mats in the guild vault, people may ONLY roll for transmog if they have an Eternal Crystal with them, in order to make a trade at that time. "I'll put it in the vault later" is not an option. I don't want to have to keep track on who owes the vault what, and I do not want to be chasing people up for it.
2. Obviously adding potentially an extra roll for loot will slow down loot distribution more. Therefore we are going to trial a new method of rolls to speed this up. Some of us already use an addon called LPT Loot Roll. This allows for the possibility of being able to submit a roll for need, greed and transmog, all at one time. You do not need to use the addon, just be aware of HOW to roll for each option. So .. as a trial .. we will ask for rolls and if you wish to roll:
>> Need - simply type /roll as normal
>> Greed - type /roll 50
>> Transmog - type /roll 25
The addon will then seperate out the various rolls into the relevant sections. If no-one wants for Need, then the highest Greed roll will win. If no-one wants for Need or Greed, the highest transmog roll will win. ASSUMING they have the Eternal Crystal available to trade at that point in time.
If you have the addon, you will be given a pop-up that will have the various buttons for Need, Greed, Transmog, and you just click the one you want.