As those who raid with us should know, up until now our standard loot rules for guild raids are as follows:
* Any loot you gain from bosses/trash, etc is yours to keep.
* If you wish to donate it to the raid group, you hand it to the loot master, at which point, it is no longer yours.
* Loot master will ask for Need rolls first (current spec upgrade).
* If no-one wants on Need, loot master will ask for Greed rolls (offspec upgrade - this must be a spec you play or plan to play).
* If loot is not claimed under either Need or Greed, it gets disenchanted with resultant materials placed in the guild vault.
We have had multiple discussions over the last week or so, relating to loot. Some saying we're spending too long distributing loot, some slowing down the process by asking for transmog rolls.
Having discussed this with the officers, we've decided to trial two changes to the rules.
1. If loot is not claimed through Need or Greed, there will be the possibility to roll for transmog, HOWEVER, in order to ensure that we still gain the benefit of mats in the guild vault, people may ONLY roll for transmog if they have an Eternal Crystal with them, in order to make a trade at that time. "I'll put it in the vault later" is not an option. I don't want to have to keep track on who owes the vault what, and I do not want to be chasing people up for it.
2. Obviously adding potentially an extra roll for loot will slow down loot distribution more. Therefore we are going to trial a new method of rolls to speed this up. Some of us already use an addon called LPT Loot Roll. This allows for the possibility of being able to submit a roll for need, greed and transmog, all at one time. You do not need to use the addon, just be aware of HOW to roll for each option. So .. as a trial .. we will ask for rolls and if you wish to roll:
>> Need - simply type /roll as normal
>> Greed - type /roll 50
>> Transmog - type /roll 25
The addon will then seperate out the various rolls into the relevant sections. If no-one wants for Need, then the highest Greed roll will win. If no-one wants for Need or Greed, the highest transmog roll will win. ASSUMING they have the Eternal Crystal available to trade at that point in time.
If you have the addon, you will be given a pop-up that will have the various buttons for Need, Greed, Transmog, and you just click the one you want.