These are the shortened, more succinct version of how we expect guild members to behave (or not!) .. for clarification you can also read the Guild Info section which goes into greater detail. We expect all guild members to be fully aware of the rules below, and also encourage everyone to read the Guild Info too.
If you've read both, and still have questions, please do ask!
- Be nice! It may sound obvious, but sometimes people seem to think that, because they can't SEE the person they're talking to, and they're in a computer game, that perhaps it doesn't matter how they treat others. This is, of course, not the case .. every person you speak to has a real life, real problems, real challenges, and you shouldn't be one of them!
- No begging. Especially via whispers or direct to individuals. This is construed as harrassment and can lead to your removal from the guild. If you want help, ask in guild chat if someone can. If you need advice .. ask in guild chat. If you need items (potions, enchants, gems) - ask in guild chat if anyone can provide them, but always be prepared to pay/trade for them. Sometimes people will give their time and their materials freely, but please do bear in mind that everything has a cost and it's unfair to expect someone else to foot your bill.
- DEFINITELY no begging for gold.
- REALLY DEFINITELY no begging or asking for loot drops, especially in guild raids. We use the standard need/transmog/pass loot system for the majority of raid loot. Trying to circumvent that system will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the guild. For more information see raiding rules.
- For clarification - "begging" means: uninvited requests for goods, services or gear, often (but not restricted to being) on a one to one basis, often (but not restricted to being) for free. For example: asking in guild chat if anyone can make you X is not a problem; asking if anyone can make you X for free and/or directing multiple requests to the same person, or asking if someone will give you a BoE that they've just looted, should not occur. Essentially - don't make a nuisance of yourself, although be aware that we are happy to help with reasonable requests, if we're able, if it's convenient for us.
- No account sharing. This INCLUDES sharing an account with a child. If you are in our guild, it's YOU we've accepted into the guild, not your kid, your aunty or your Great Uncle Bulgaria. You are the only one who should be logging in to any of your guild characters. If you share an account - we can't be sure that's happening. Sharing an account not only puts your account at great risk of hacking or being banned, but also constitutes a risk to the guild as a whole.
- No botting or anything else against the Blizzard End User Licence Agreement, Code of Conduct or Termination of Service Agreement.
- Public notes - public notes in the guild roster in-game are used for guild admin. Alts are welcome in the guild .. please ensure all your alts state your "main" character name (in the format "<main> alt") on your public note. You may, on your "main" character only, add a name you'd prefer to be known by, but no other information- not your spec, your ilevel, your profession or anything else. If anything deemed inappropriate is written, it will be deleted and persistent offenders may be removed from the guild. Please see this guild info for more information regarding alts.
- Inactivity: Members will be classed as "inactive" if they have not logged on to any of their linked characters for three months or more. If you know you're going to be away from the game for more than that, please let us know. We can discuss whether or not you will be back, and if so, what steps we can take.
- Returnees: If you aren't currently in the guild, but have been in the past, you must reapply using the application form. Please state on your application that you were previously in the guild and, ideally, state the name of your "main" character that was in the guild previously.
- Inviting new members: If you have the rank to invite new members to the guild, please note that the only times you should invite someone into the guild are:
- If they're an alt of someone already in the guild. Please ensure they give the name of their "main" (or an alt of their main) and check to make sure they are in the guild. Ask them to update their public note (or ask an officer to do so) to reflect their "main" character name.
- If they have an accepted application on our website.
PLEASE DO NOT INVITE ANY ALLIANCE CHARACTERS, IRRESPECTIVE OF MEMBERSHIP.
- No stealing from the guild vault. Stealing may well result not only in removal from the guild, but also a ban from returning. The contents of the guild vault is there due to the donations of guild members, for the good of characters in the guild. This means that:
- You only withdraw what you need, for the character you are on at the time.
- You use the items you withdrawn, on the character you are on at the time.
- You do not transfer the items you withdraw to another character who is not in Dark Wolves.
- You do not withdraw items when you are intending to leave the guild.
- You do not place items you've withdrawn onto the Auction House.
- You do not vendor items you've withdrawn from the guild vault.
- No "temporary deposits" in the guild vault. Items placed in the guild vault are assumed to be donations to the guild. Do not place items (or gold) in the guild vault and then later ask for them back. The only exception to this is if you've accidentally deposited an item and cannot remove it .. in which case you must contact an officer or the Guild Leader as a matter of urgency. We cannot refund you items if there is no record on the Vault log .. which often can be only hours old.
- "Cliques" are not pack ... they lead to ... Drama. Guild members are encouraged to run dungeons, raids, etc, together. However, we expect people to continue the ethos of our "guild raid" organising, ie, "first come, first served". Group content is an excellent way for members to get to know each other, to learn from each other, to teach each other - to become "pack". There will always be someone who isn't quite as good at something as someone else, or someone who doesn't seem to get your jokes, or someone who gets lost ALL the time (*whistles casually*). However, if you feel that you are too good for some members of the guild, you're in the wrong guild. If you wish to do group activities with other guild members, please ask in guild chat for volunteers. Please do your best to accept offers on a "first come, first served" basis. Do NOT contact people privately or via other channels. This leads to "cliques" forming, which leads to unrest and drama. Obviously, if you're already in a group with four other people and you want to run a dungeon, feel free to ask them, but if you need an extra, or you're starting up a new group, please ask in guild chat so as not to exclude others. There is no point in being in the guild, if you're always going to only interact with a few other members.
- Complaints. Inevitably .. occasionally someone will get annoyed at something or someone else. Irrespective or what or who .. it is better to let us know and get it off your chest, than to let it fester. Because, hey, guess what .. that leads to DRAMA! So .. if you have a complaint, or a worry or concern .. just let us know. Speak to the Guild Leader or one of the officers. You may find that it's something we're already aware of and dealing with, or that we had no idea but is an easy fix. Or we can work together to fix it.
- Drama .. don't do it. Drama is annoying, boring and quite frankly involves far too much admin. Don't do it, don't cause it, don't contribute to it. If there is a problem .. let the officers/Guild Leader know as soon as possible, privately. They will then deal with it. Please don't do nothing about a problem .. small problems tend to have a habit of becoming large problems, and then, unsurprisingly, drama .. so we'd rather get them sorted sooner rather than later.
- Raiding: If you're thinking about raiding with us, please check out the raiding rules and, almost more importantly, information about Guild Raiding. If you have any problems or questions, please ask BEFORE signing up.