As you may know, we've had our recruitment doors firmly closed for a while now, due to an influx of new and returning members following the expansion launch, and an oversubscription of raids. We didn't want to dilute our "us-ness" and we didn't want new raiders coming in and potentially taking raid spots from more established guild members.
We've now had plenty of time for new/returning members to fully settle in, and raid subscriptions have been steadily falling over the last few weeks. This is a natural occurence at this point in any expansion and we'll experience these several times during any one expansion both due to times of the year and simple progression of the expansion (people get bored, move on, decide they want a change, lose interest or find something better to do with their time).
If someone contacts you for an invite to the guild:
- Check if they're an alt of someone in the guild already.
- If not .. ask them to visit our website, read the guild/raiding rules and then fill in an application.
- If they've already filled in an application, check the website to ensure it has been accepted.
- If you can invite them into the guild and they're either an alt, or an accepted new applicant, feel free to invite them.
- If they're an alt, ask them to ensure their public note states as much.
- Please let an officer know if there are any problems.