- Who are "Dark Wolves"?
- What do members of Dark Wolves do?
- What days/times do you raid?
- How do I become a member of Dark Wolves?
- I'm already a guild member, how do I register with the website?
- I've found a problem with the website, what do I do?
- How do I insert an image into a forum post?
- How do I insert a video into a forum post?
- How can I tell if there are unread posts in the forums?
- How do I add a "signature" to my forum posts?
- How can I change my displayed name?
- Can I receive an email when I get a PM/How do I sign up for Newsletters?
- How do I check/change my registered email address?
Dark Wolves is a guild (a group of characters owned by players of World of Warcraft) situated on the EU Tarren Mill realm/server, playing the "Horde" side. The guild was established in April 2007 on the realm of Lightbringer, transferring to Tarren Mill in early 2022, and has been growing ever since. We adhere to the policy that "slowly and surely" works best - we mostly recruit via word of mouth. This policy also works for our raiding - we are not hardcore, we do not go for server firsts, we are there to enjoy ourselves. We do, however, expect people to be prepared to do their best at whatever activity they take part in - either with the guild, or with complete strangers.
Our members have a multitude of interests including PvP, raiding, heroics, "old world" raids, levelling characters, achievement gathering, etc.
For current raiding content, we aim to raid twice a week, on Wednesday and Friday evenings. Older content is generally slotted in around those days, on an ad-hoc basis. Raids are usually organised to start at 9.00pm server time on Wednesdays, and 9.30pm server time on Fridays. They are intended to last two and a half hours.
Read up on our Guild Rules and, if they are acceptable to you, apply on our website by filling in the application form. Please be honest when filling in the form - we have several resources we can use to check information provided - false information will reflect poorly on you. We also encourage applicants to give plenty of information .. the more we learn about you from your application, the better we can tell if we're the right guild for you.
Check out our guild wiki page for full instructions.
Report it by sending a message to Poisonenvy.
In order to add a picture, you need to click the insert/edit image button:
At the top right side, nearly, of the button bar above your edit pane when you're creating a new post.
Then you need to insert a link to an image already online (ie, not on your hard drive) and it actually has to be an image (ie, ending in .jpg for example). For your images, you can click on them, to view the original size, then right click and "view image" .. that will show the original image and give you the URL (the link you need) for that particular image.
In order to add a video, you need to click the insert/edit video button:
In the "Source" section, paste the URL of the video you want to insert:
Then click "Ok". It will initially show a grey "placeholder" for the video, but you can check it by either clicking the preview or the submit button.
When you're on the main Forums page, you will see various headings for each of the forums and sub-forums - if there are unread posts in the main forum, there will be a chat bubble next to it .. in the sub-forums it will show as a green dot:
- Go to your profile by clicking on your name at the top right side of the web page, and clicking "view your profile"
- Click "Edit Profile"
- Scroll down to "forum signature"
- You can then add a signature using the input box.
- If you want to add an image, click the "use/edit image" button and, in the "source" box, add the URL (an online location for the image)
- Click OK.
- That should then bring the image up in the box below. You can then resize, centre, etc, if you wish. If the image is not showing, you've either linked to something that is not an image (for example, perhaps the page the image is on) or typed the location incorrectly.
- Once you're happy with your signature, press "update".
When you post on the forums, the site defaults to displaying the name you picked when you created an account - you can change this to another (for example your "main" character name) so that people can more easily recognise you.
You can do this by going into your profile (clicking your name at the top right side of the website and clicking "view your profile"), then Edit Profile, and then scrolling down to "Display Name".
Fill in your chosen name, then click the "Update" button.
Sometimes it's difficult to realise when you've got a PM (Private Message) on the website, so you can ensure the site will send you an email letting you know there's a message waiting for you.
You can also sign up for guild Newsletters, which are a roundup of news or information that we believe everyone should know - especially if we feel that members have not been visiting the website. We encourage ALL members to activate both of these options to ensure they don't miss out on any important guild information.
First of all, check your notification settings:
Hover your cursor over your name in the top right of the site and click "View PM's"
Then click "Email Notifications":
You can then select the options to receive email notifications when you receive a PM on the site, and also receive the Newsletter:
Please note that these emails will be sent to your registered email address - so make sure your registered email address is correct!
Go to your profile:
and Edit your profile:
Scroll down until you find the options for your email address:
check to ensure you have the correct email address in the box - if not, change it, and then click the "Update" button.
You can check who can make what, and what parts are needed for manufactured items, by looking in the guild roster:
Ensure you have "show offline members" ticked, select the "Professions" drop down option, then click "View All" next to whichever profession you're interested in (you may need to click this twice as sometimes it bugs on the first attempt). Once you have found the item, select it and click "view crafters" to see who can make it.